- Understanding the importance of cost variation and Place of Service;
- The role of Centers of Excellence in care of musculoskeletal condition treatment;
- How to address “experimental and non-FDA approved treatments;
- Out of Network providers and elective treatments;
- Which indicator codes and safe harbors apply to various employment situations (e.g., waiting periods, changes in cost, changes in employment status);
- How to address other situations, such as opt-out payments, union employees, and conditional offers of coverage to spouses
How Middle Market Employers Purchase Healthcare Like a Fortune 500
For small to mid-size companies, self-funded insurance has not always been a practical option. David Konrad explains how it can be possible in this webinar. Learn how the pooling of many employers banding together to achieve the efficiency of a larger organization can result in cost savings and a way to offer affordable health benefits - all while improving employee satisfaction.
How to Solve the Biggest HR Tech Problems
HR Technology can be used during the entire employee lifecycle - from candidate to COBRA. In this webinar, Josh Hoover and Corrina Nation join up to explain how employers can address some of the biggest pitfalls of HR technology. Every HR professional wants to leverage tech to deal with the tactical aspects of their job, so they can focus on more strategic initiatives; the only way to do that is to make technology work for you, and not against you.
Find out how:
1. Effective communications can help with expectation management, relationship building, and relationship strengthening with HR tech vendors to build a better employee experience;
2. Efficient automation can build on these communications for easier use, freeing up time for more strategic tasks and manual knowledge work;
3. Non-automated tasks can be integrated with a more robust platform, and how to explore the possibilities & limitations to find programs that work for you.
Affordable Care Act Update: What’s New with the ACA?
In this informative webinar Stacy H. Barrow, Esq., BAN’s Director of Compliance, discusses the current state of the Affordable Care Act, including top compliance issues in 2020, new legal and regulatory updates in employee benefits, and a look at recent court cases of interest.
1. An understanding of the top benefits issues in 2020
2. A better understanding of new legal and regulatory issues
3. Insight into relevant court cases
Worker Safety and COVID-19
Join Risk Management expert Jade Simmers for a webinar on worker safety and COVID-19.
During this session, Jade will focus on OSHA’s two most recent guidance documents, OSHA 3989 (Preventing Worker Exposure to COVID-19) and OSHA 3990 (Guidance for Preparing the Workplace for COVID-19), covering how to prepare the workplace and avoid employee exposure to COVID-19.
Building a Global Mental Health Strategy for Multinationals
With mental health issues on the rise, companies globally are putting their attention on creating strategic change that can affect their bottom line, help them retain talent and reduce absence. In this Webinar, BAS’ mental health consultant Petra Velzeboer, maps out a framework for strategically implementing change by creating a mentally healthy work culture.
- Understanding the mental health landscape
- The impact of poor mental health on your business
- The steps you can take to create change
- Advice on a mental health strategy framework
COVID-19 Next Steps in Workforce Dynamics
Bobbi Kloss, Director of HCM Services
Shannon Uecker, PHR
Diana Gaking, PHR, SHRM-CP
Karin Tierney, PHR
Stacy Barrow, Esq., Compliance & Legal Director
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has interrupted business operations across the country. While it is unclear how long COVID-19 will continue to affect our organizations, employers are in various stages of business operations, from temporary shutdowns, to employees working at physical office sites or contemplating the return of remote employees to a physical office site, or remaining working at remote locations.
Join us for our HCM Trends webinar on continuing COVID-19 coverage with Industry experts from Human Resources and Compliance will be discussing the Next Steps in Epidemic/Pandemic Workforce Dynamics.
Included in the webinar will be providing Phase I of our Employer Resource Guide. Phase 1: Navigating Risk to Health and Safety. With strategic HCM tools and resources including:
- Updated Infectious & Communicable Disease Guidelines
- Family First Coronavirus Leave of Absences policies and forms
- Returning to the Worksite Considerations including Timelines and Survey
Navigating the Self-Insuring Maze
The employer’s decision to self- insure their employee benefit plan requires a number of considerations, some obvious and some not so. This webinar will identify the decisions that need to be addressed and options available.
1. Financial analysis tools;
2. Claim Payer Options;
3. Plan Design Considerations;
4. Stop Loss Structure.
How the Coronavirus Affects Employee Finances
Presenter: Preston Theilig
Employees at all levels are dealing with increased financial stress. Nearly 60% of Americans say the Coronavirus has had a negative impact on their finances, according to a survey by the National Financial Educators Council. Over 40% of them are more concerned about their personal finances than they are about contracting COVID-19.
There are a number of ways employers can support employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Financial Wellness being one of them.
Employees want to know how the Coronavirus is going to impact their retirement savings, their monthly budget, their credit card debt, their paycheck and they want to know what they should do about it. Best Money Moves, a mobile-first financial wellness platform, just added new resources to answer employees' questions about how the Coronavirus will affect their finances.
Best Money Moves is an award-winning mobile-first, easy-to-use platform that helps employees create a budget, pay down debt, save and make better financial decisions every day. With accredited Money Coaches, unbiased articles and videos, free credit scores and smart budget guidance, BMM can make a real difference.
International Employee Benefits: An Introduction to Mergers & Acquisitions
This webinar will focus on educating HR professionals on the challenges involved when dealing with global employee benefits as part of a multinational merger or acquisition project. The session will consider the contractual, legislative and logistical issues at play as part of any global M & A project and will serve as in introduction to understanding how to build a project plan to work through an M & A project.
Marketing with Voice & Video in Today’s World
In today’s world where content is king, voice and video are the crown jewels of reach and effectiveness. It is how the future of content will be distributed and consumed.
Learn how to use Voice and Video in the journey of recruiting and maintaining your:
1. Customers and prospective customers, creating a client base that works for you, your employees, and your organization;
2. Employees and prospective employees, enabling you to advance your organization with a loyal and enthusiastic workforce.
CARES Act Small Business Guidance
The Federal Government has introduced legislation and polices that are attempting to support businesses and individuals through these very challenging times. We invite you to listen and learn about The Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program and learn if your business qualifies, what are the requirements and how do you apply to get started. There has also tax related benefits outlined in the CARES Act that may apply to you. Lastly, the SBA has a small business disaster loan program that may apply to your specific situation as well.
Please join us and listen in as Jeffery Schmittgen, Partner with Barnes Wendling CPA’s highlights the key areas that will be important to small businesses. Jeff is a tax and business advisor to small businesses.
How to Prepare for a DOL Audit
During this webinar, Stacy H. Barrow, BAN’s Director of Compliance, will provide attendees with tips for surviving a Department of Labor (DOL) audit, including an overview of what to expect during a DOL audit, how the DOL audits, and what the DOL looks for during a group health plan audit.
1. An understanding of how employers/plans get selected for audit;
2. Insight into the audit process and what to expect when the DOL comes knocking;
3. Best practices for audit survival, including which documents to have ready for review.
HR Trends Update
Lowering Health Costs for Your Employees and Your Business
Musculoskeletal Procedures and Costs
HIPAA Privacy & Security Overview
This webinar should be attended by employers with self-insured plans or those with fully insured plans that create, maintain, or receive PHI under HIPAA.
Join Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. for an overview of HIPAA’s Privacy and Security Rules. During this webinar, Stacy will review the different types of entities subject to HIPAA, take an in-depth look at Protected Health Information (PHI), individual rights under HIPAA, and what to do when there is a breach of PHI.
Key takeaways include:
- Understanding which entities and types of plans are subject to HIPAA’s Privacy rule
- Understanding which information is protected under HIPAA
- Learn the permitted uses and disclosures of PHI under HIPAA
This webinar satisfies HIPAA training requirements for members of an employer’s HIPAA workforce who handle Protected Health Information (PHI) as part of their job duties.
Note: Many employers with fully insured plans (i.e., no health FSAs or HRAs) will have limited obligations under HIPAA.
Building an HR Systems Strategy
Other topics will include:
• How to build an HR Systems Strategy & its key components
• Best practices for managing a strategy ongoing
• Real client case studies
Marketing ROI: What’s Your Strategy?
Glenn reinforces the importance of an eStrategy process and tracking your resources with an attribution model.
(no CEUs offered for this webinar)
Overview of ACA Reporting Requirements
This webinar provides an overview of 2019 ACA reporting requirements that are applicable for both large employers and self-insured plans. Stacy will review the various reporting forms (1094-B, 1095-B, 1094-C, and 1095-C), indicator codes and affordability safe harbors. Other topics covered in this webinar include how to report for waiting periods / initial measurement periods, COBRA participants and post-employment coverage, and how to correct reporting mistakes. Stacy will also address common questions and provide best practices.
Key takeaways include:
1. How to complete the reporting forms for calendar year 2019 reporting
2. Which indicator codes and safe harbors apply to various employment situations (e.g., waiting periods, changes in cost, changes in employment status)
3. How to address other situations, such as opt-out payments, union employees, and conditional offers of coverage to spouses
End of Year Compliance Roundup
Key takeaways include:
- A better understanding of major changes in employee benefits law in 2019
- Knowledge of court cases were most impactful to employee benefit plans in 2019
- An understanding of potential changes and guidance expected for 2020
HR for 2020
Join Bobbi Kloss for a special webinar on HR for 2020. Bobbi’s webinar provides insight in developing a culture to attract and retain employees, regulatory updates including the EEOC and the DOL, and HR best practices. Educate yourself on how to maintain your employer of choice status, top trends in Human Capital Management (HCM), and what you should be focusing on for your workforce needs in the upcoming year.
HR Technology Trends
During this webinar Josh Hoover helps attendees become more familiar with the different trends in HR Technology and how to best utilize their current systems, along with potentially evaluate new systems. Keep a close watch on this webinar as the final topics will likely not be verified until a few weeks prior to the webinar date, as HR technology trends are changing so quickly.
Plan Performance Reporting
Newer analytic techniques (based on “big data” analysis in other industries) are being implemented in the health and medical benefits spaces. These techniques have the potential to transform cost control and risk mitigation in employer-sponsored health plans.
In this Webinar, Dr. Bruce Campbell will review:
- How these techniques work and are applied in other industries
- Examples of the emerging use of these techniques in private health plans
- Options for implementing advanced analytics at the employer level.
HR Technology: 2019 HR Tech Conference & Expo
Josh Hoover, Director of HR Tech, BAN and Director of Client Relations & Strategic Initiatives for Benefit Technology Resources (BTR) and
Corrina Nation, Business Development Project Manager, BTR
On October 1-4, BTR will attend the annual HR Technology Conference & Exposition in Las Vegas, where we will join with leading HR leaders and professionals to gain insight on the best technologies for HR administration needs. Over 450 exhibitors will showcase the newest technologies, trends, and features of all things HR Tech. And we want to share all the goodies with you!
We are proud to announce our first employer-centric webinar, where you will hear all about:
- The latest industry trends
- How to drive HR success with technology
- How to optimize usage of your current HR systems
- What to look for when in the market.