Other topics will include:
• How to build an HR Systems Strategy & its key components
• Best practices for managing a strategy ongoing
• Real client case studies
Building an HR Systems Strategy
HIPAA Privacy & Security Overview
This webinar should be attended by employers with self-insured plans or those with fully insured plans that create, maintain, or receive PHI under HIPAA.
Join Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. for an overview of HIPAA’s Privacy and Security Rules. During this webinar, Stacy will review the different types of entities subject to HIPAA, take an in-depth look at Protected Health Information (PHI), individual rights under HIPAA, and what to do when there is a breach of PHI.
Key takeaways include:
- Understanding which entities and types of plans are subject to HIPAA’s Privacy rule
- Understanding which information is protected under HIPAA
- Learn the permitted uses and disclosures of PHI under HIPAA
This webinar satisfies HIPAA training requirements for members of an employer’s HIPAA workforce who handle Protected Health Information (PHI) as part of their job duties.
Note: Many employers with fully insured plans (i.e., no health FSAs or HRAs) will have limited obligations under HIPAA.
Musculoskeletal Procedures and Costs
- Understanding the importance of cost variation and Place of Service;
- The role of Centers of Excellence in care of musculoskeletal condition treatment;
- How to address “experimental and non-FDA approved treatments;
- Out of Network providers and elective treatments;
- Which indicator codes and safe harbors apply to various employment situations (e.g., waiting periods, changes in cost, changes in employment status);
- How to address other situations, such as opt-out payments, union employees, and conditional offers of coverage to spouses
Lowering Health Costs for Your Employees and Your Business
HR Trends Update
How to Prepare for a DOL Audit
During this webinar, Stacy H. Barrow, BAN’s Director of Compliance, will provide attendees with tips for surviving a Department of Labor (DOL) audit, including an overview of what to expect during a DOL audit, how the DOL audits, and what the DOL looks for during a group health plan audit.
1. An understanding of how employers/plans get selected for audit;
2. Insight into the audit process and what to expect when the DOL comes knocking;
3. Best practices for audit survival, including which documents to have ready for review.
Marketing with Voice & Video in Today’s World
In today’s world where content is king, voice and video are the crown jewels of reach and effectiveness. It is how the future of content will be distributed and consumed.
Learn how to use Voice and Video in the journey of recruiting and maintaining your:
1. Customers and prospective customers, creating a client base that works for you, your employees, and your organization;
2. Employees and prospective employees, enabling you to advance your organization with a loyal and enthusiastic workforce.
International Employee Benefits: An Introduction to Mergers & Acquisitions
This webinar will focus on educating HR professionals on the challenges involved when dealing with global employee benefits as part of a multinational merger or acquisition project. The session will consider the contractual, legislative and logistical issues at play as part of any global M & A project and will serve as in introduction to understanding how to build a project plan to work through an M & A project.
Navigating the Self-Insuring Maze
The employer’s decision to self- insure their employee benefit plan requires a number of considerations, some obvious and some not so. This webinar will identify the decisions that need to be addressed and options available.
1. Financial analysis tools;
2. Claim Payer Options;
3. Plan Design Considerations;
4. Stop Loss Structure.
Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes
In this webinar Bruce Campbell M.D. provides an overview of prediabetes and diabetes, and the financial, risk, and health impact of these conditions.
Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes
1. Understanding the importance of primary and secondary prevention strategies regarding controlling cost and risk;
2. Understanding “Gaps in Care” and why they are important;
3. Plan design interventions to improve health and financial outcomes.
Affordable Care Act Update: What’s New with the ACA?
In this informative webinar Stacy H. Barrow, Esq., BAN’s Director of Compliance, discusses the current state of the Affordable Care Act, including top compliance issues in 2020, new legal and regulatory updates in employee benefits, and a look at recent court cases of interest.
1. An understanding of the top benefits issues in 2020
2. A better understanding of new legal and regulatory issues
3. Insight into relevant court cases
How to Solve the Biggest HR Tech Problems
HR Technology can be used during the entire employee lifecycle - from candidate to COBRA. In this webinar, Josh Hoover and Corrina Nation join up to explain how employers can address some of the biggest pitfalls of HR technology. Every HR professional wants to leverage tech to deal with the tactical aspects of their job, so they can focus on more strategic initiatives; the only way to do that is to make technology work for you, and not against you.
Find out how:
1. Effective communications can help with expectation management, relationship building, and relationship strengthening with HR tech vendors to build a better employee experience;
2. Efficient automation can build on these communications for easier use, freeing up time for more strategic tasks and manual knowledge work;
3. Non-automated tasks can be integrated with a more robust platform, and how to explore the possibilities & limitations to find programs that work for you.
How Middle Market Employers Purchase Healthcare Like a Fortune 500
For small to mid-size companies, self-funded insurance has not always been a practical option. David Konrad explains how it can be possible in this webinar. Learn how the pooling of many employers banding together to achieve the efficiency of a larger organization can result in cost savings and a way to offer affordable health benefits - all while improving employee satisfaction.
Workplace Wellness Programs and Compliance with the DOL & EEOC Rules
During this informative webinar Stacy H. Barrow, Esq., BAN’s Director of Compliance, provides an overview of the legal and regulatory guidelines for wellness programs under DOL and EEOC rules. Attendees will gain an understanding of how DOL and EEOC rules apply depending on the type of wellness program offered, how limits on rewards work depending on the types of wellness programs offered, and recent court cases of interest.
1. An understanding of which laws apply to wellness programs;
2. Information on how the limits on rewards apply;
3. Best practices for ensuring that wellness programs comply with applicable laws.
How Reference Based Pricing can Reduce Medical Costs by Creating Custom Built Network Pricing
Join John Marshall, Senior Actuary and Principal at Windsor Strategy Partners, as he provides an in-depth presentation on creating custom built network pricing to reduce medical costs for your clients with Reference Based Pricing.
The presentation will cover:
1. The history, evolution and current status of RBP;
2. Why RBP is the new wave of transparent medical pricing;
3. How to apply RBP;
4. When to apply RBP;
5. Effect of RBP on plan costs and stop loss costs;
6. Risks and pitfalls associated with RBP;
7. The future of RBP.
Marketing Your Culture
More than ever your company culture should be aligned as a part of your overarching business strategy. Not only is company culture part of your brand, which should be an important part of your products or services, it can either be an advocate of your vision, or your opponent.
Your culture should speak to your core values and your company’s unique “why” customers do business with you. When your employees, culture and customers are aligned, they create a community, or bond, that becomes your greatest asset. This asset will attract the right customers, influencers, partners, and ultimately the right employees to your organization.
HR Tech & Compliance Best Practices
Join Josh Hoover and Corrina Nation from BTR and Stacy H. Barrow, Esq., BAN’s Director of Compliance in this cohosted webinar on the intersection of technology and compliance.
Takeaways will include:
1. Importance of data security;
2. A better understanding of how technology and compliance are complimentary;
3. Insight into managing your technology to remain compliant.
Compliance and Security Standards
It's not just about employee and customer information, it’s also the employer data and intellectual property data businesses have everywhere, from documents to email to cloud storage to accounting, attacks could cripple small businesses.
This webinar will focus on:
1. Multifactor Authentication
2. Security Audits and Experts
3. Compliance Updates
4. Everyone’s Job
Introduction to Consumer Directed Healthcare and Account-Based Plans: HDHPs, HSAs, FSAs, andHRAs
Join BAN's Director of Compliance, Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. for an informative webinar on Consumer Directed Healthcare and Account-Based Plans. Webinar attendees will gain an understanding on the background of Consumer Directed Healthcare, HSA eligibility and contribution rules, how HSA funds may be used, and how employers may contribute to HSAs. Stacy will also discuss HRAs and FSAs under the Affordable Care Act.
Key takeaways include:
1. An understanding of the rules surrounding high deductible health plans (HDHPs);
2. How HSAs, FSAs and HRAs can coordinate with HDHPs;
3. How HSAs, FSAs and HRAs have changed under the ACA.
How Do You Measure Healthcare? (and Why Should I Care?)
Measuring the health of individuals and groups has been a controversial issue for decades. With the emergence of Value-Based Pricing, costly specialty drugs, and third-party care management vendors, evaluating the both economic and health impact of these initiatives becomes an important factor in evaluating the potential benefits of an initiative.
1. Understanding health value metrics.
2. Using health value metrics to determine whether drugs or procedures (for example, bariatric surgery) should be covered by the plan.
3. Understanding Value-based pricing/purchasing strategies in the market.
HR Technology Trends
During this webinar Josh Hoover and Corrina Nation help attendees become more familiar with the different trends in HR Technology, and how to best utilize their current systems (or potentially evaluate new systems).
Keep a close watch on this webinar as the final topics will likely not be verified until a few weeks prior to the webinar date considering how fluid the HR technology industry is.
HR for 2021
Join Bobbi Kloss for a special webinar on HR for 2021. Bobbi's webinar provides insight in developing a culture to attract and retain employees, regulatory updates including the EEOC and the DOL, and HR best practices. Educate yourself on how to maintain your employer of choice status, top trends in Human Capital Management (HCM), and what you should be focusing on for your workforce needs in the upcoming year.
End of Year Compliance Roundup
(Registration link coming soon!)
During our final webinar of our 2020 Educational Webinar Series, Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. provides an overview of significant compliance topics in 2020, along with a look at what to expect in 2021. Stacy will review legal and regulatory changes under the ACA in 2020, a review of other agency guidance in 2020 applicable to health and welfare plans, an update on recent court cases affecting health and welfare plans, and what to expect in 2021.